Please find linked the transparency policy for Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW). The policy contains background information, our overall transparency statement, and where the policy does not apply.Download/View Policy
Islamic Relief is also publishing information on institutionally funded programmes through the standard of International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) registry. Islamic Relief’s projects can be found here.
- IRW strategy 2017-2021
- Vision, mission and values
- Board of Trustees
- Board of Directors
- Calls to tender
- Annual reports including:
- List of major institutional donors
- Implementing partners
- Recruitment and vacancies
- Islamic Relief on IATI
IRW overall transparency policy statement:
- IRW believes transparency ensures honesty, accountability and improved performance and has adopted it as one of its core ways of working and integrated it within its code of conduct and operating systems.
- Islamic Relief believes it is the right of our beneficiaries, supporters and other stakeholders to be informed and have access to information about our operations and their results as well as the structure and policies we employ.
- IRW strives to ensure that information related to its operations, decision making, finances, structure, policies, procedures and governance is transparent, accessible and communicated to relevant stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner.
- IRW achieves this by detailing standards for accessibility and communication of information at all levels (see Appendices 1 and 2) and making staff accountable for adhering to these standards.
- Where necessary IRW will balance the need for providing information with the need to allocate resources reasonably, and the justifiable risks sharing such information may present to the organisation and our staff. In these cases our policy states whose responsibility the risk assessment is and the scrutiny process over justifications made.
In practice this will fall under three main areas
- Transparency surrounding our presence and operations in an area
- Transparency around our organisation and its decision making, and key documents
- Transparency surrounding our global aid spending: Islamic Relief has committed to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) for all of our institutionally funded programmes.
In March 2016, BOND undertook a transparency review of Islamic Relief, looking at how open we are about our finances, activities and results. The draft report is here.